The 1st edition of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification’s (UNCCD) Global Land Outlook (GLO) will be published in 2017 in both print and digital formats. The GLO is expected to be the new flagship publication of the UNCCD, akin to the CBD’s Global Biodiversity Outlook (GBO) and the UNEP’s Global Environmental Outlook (GEO).
The GLO will be a strategic communications platform and publication that demonstrates the central importance of land quality to human well-being, assesses current trends in land conversion, degradation and loss, identifies the driving factors and analyzes the impacts, provides scenarios for future challenges and opportunities, and presents a new and transformative vision for land management policy, planning and practice at global and national scales.
In the framework of this flagship UNCCD publication, the CGIAR Research Program on Dryland Systems has been commissioned to develop a paper on scaling up and out of SLM and the proposed review/ chapter is attached here. Other CGIAR Research Programs (WLE and PIM) have been contacted to engage their interest and potential contribution.
The purpose of this writeshop is to bring working authors together to discuss and share knowledge and lessons learned on successful examples of sustainable land management best practices and common challenges and success factors that determine the scalability of these practices.
- share knowledge and lessons learned on successful examples of scaling up sustainable land management best practices
- Identify common challenges and success factors that determine the scalability of these practices.
- Authors are able to further develop their abstracts based on shared knowledge and lessons, and agreed structure
- Outline of review chapter with specific timeline and responsibilities agreed.
- About the Global Land Outlook Report
- Source Documents: Chapter Outline, Abstracts and TOR for Working Authors
- Global Land Outlook Discussed on Sidelines of UNCCD 3rd Scientific Conference
- The Management Systems International (MSI) Framework for Scaling UP
- Outcome Story Guidelines and Template
For more details, please download the full agenda below.